- Call your senators who held the floor. Thanking them matters.
- Call your senators who voted against your interests. Opposing them matters.
- work from this week's call to action for Americans of conscience.
- If you have a democratic senator, please call (local and washington numbers) and work from this script.
- don't look.
specific action for MN-2:
- here is Jason Lewis' legislative priorities survey.
- notice that there aren't any good choices.
- contact him with your own priorities.
sorry for radio silence. I'm working on it.
stepping back for a minute. but here are some ways to find things to do:
- petition: proportional allocation of electoral votes
- consider joining November9th.org with a recurring $10 donation
- tweet this: Only 2 states automatically prosecute 16 year olds as adults. One is North Carolina. The other? New York!
@NYGovCuomo should #RaiseTheAge
- block. all. appointees.
- tell biden and senate dems to confirm garland on january 3
- join campaign zero
- denounce alex jones
- take this one-question survey by rep lamar smith, climate-change denier and chair of the house committee on science, space, technology. select "other," and write "climate change mitigation." share widely on your networks.
- tell your senators to oppose pruitt's nomination
- Call Governor John Kasich's office--(614) 466-3555--and urge him to nix the so-called "Heartbeat Bill."
- tweet this: Dear @GeorgeGascon - It’s been 1 year since the @SFPD put bullets in the back of #MarioWoods. Prosecute his killers. #GasconDoUrJob
- visit the electoral college action page and do the things
- contribute to oakland fire relief
- petition: delete discriminatory registration
- petition: deny nestle's permit to withdraw more groundwater
- petition: filibuster a waiver for mattis
- let's get tickets to the trump victory tour and then not show up
- tweet this:
Dear @NYCMayor - I am calling on you to fire NYPD Officer Daniel Pantaleo. He killed #EricGarner TWO YEARS AGO. #FirePantaleo
- phone bank for foster campbell
- petition: keep public lands public
- petition: stop the big pharma giveaway
- petition: keep working on the trump EPA
- petition: keep moving on the chaffetz probe
- join the injustice boycott
- support the hamilton electors
- thank obama for denying DAPL easement
- contact the DSCC on behalf of foster campbell
- write to email@example.com in support of the recount, which trump is attempting to block
- stop the army corps from clearing protectors at standing rock
- end citizens united
- support the standing rock sioux directly
- support the trump investigative fund
- garland first
- do. not. gut. medicare.
- not. on. our. watch.
- write the senate HELP and finance committee, to oppose rep. price's HHS secretary appointment
- keep at the LA senate runoff race on dec 10
- petition: chaffetz re trump's conflicts of interest
- petition: urge obama to put climate protection in place while he still can
- RSVP for people's climate mobilization
- send three emails to the government accountability office that say you are writing in support of Senator Elizabeth Warren's request for an audit of our incoming President Elect's finances, to prohibit conflicts of interest that would prevent him from carrying out the responsibilities of the office without corrupt influence; send to Katherine Siggerud (firstname.lastname@example.org), Timothy Minelli (email@example.com) and a special address set up specifically for this issue (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- longer script/more detail here
- call your rep to oppose betsy devos
- it's giving tuesday and there are so many ways to double/triple your impact today; check "donate" on the resources page and give what you can, if you can
- keep calling chaffetz, which autocorrects to "shaft" (offered without comment)
- call members of the senate foreign relations committee in support of cardin
- sign up for activist workouts
***thank you jen, whoever you are, for making this document compiling weekly actions***
- oppose betsy devos
- get your cybersecurity in order (video resource here)
- more standing rock resources
- host or join an emergency community meeting
- petition: investigate Trump's transition process
- petition: investigate Trump's massive conflicts of interest
- repost: NODAPL action steps
- flood trump with postcards denouncing bannon
- get involved at the state level; here's why
- win hearts and minds
- petition: restore voting rights
- petition: open a formal investigation into hate crimes
- if you have to shop today, shop here
- download and read this and then we can have a chat about it because it is a gift
I stepped back today. I was going to post "have a difficult conversation" as the day's action. Did you?
- take action in support of protectors at standing rock
- join the sister district project
- Call your house reps and request support of HR 6382
- sign Al Franken's open letter requesting republicans do their job and fill the vacancy on the supreme court
- petition: protect medicare
***UPDATE: guess not***
***UPDATE: call the DOJ. for real. audit the vote***
(the 202 number below is consistently busy but (800) 253-3931, option 5, worked for me.)
- petition: audit. the. vote.
- petition: demilitarize standing rock
- petition: protect planned parenthood
- petition: block sessions
- (202) 353-1555 = DOJ direct line. demilitarize standing rock. investigate conflicts of interest. investigate voting irregularities
- remember that senate seat
- flood Jason Chaffetz, House Oversight Committee chair (202)-225-7751, (801)-851-2500. Demand an investigation of Trump's potential conflicts of interest. now that he's taking a break from inspecting Hillary's thumb drives
- apparently "it's been slow" on John Duncan's (HOC) line, (202) 225-5435; we can change that
- call your representatives and tell them to oppose HR-4612, designed to hamstring Obama's last-minute efforts
- help protesters at Standing Rock not die of hypothermia
- help Roy Cooper win in North Carolina
- sign up for weekly calls to action
- UPDATE: Paul Ryan's ACA survey is working again. (202) 225-0600. Support the affordable care act, for the price of listening to a nonsense recording for a few minutes.
- let's work our way down this list, making calls demanding review of Trump's finances and conflicts of interest. it'll take awhile, but what if the whole HOC comes back from break with voicemails full of our voices?
- a big one, from friends:
Please call the House Oversight Committee and support the call for a bipartisan review of Trump's financials and conflicts of interest. It only takes a few minutes (202) 225-5074. Firsthand testimony from someone who did: "The woman on the phone said that they are absolutely tallying calls - the more they get, the more likely the Committee is to demand ALL of Trump’s financial information. She said that there’s not much time left, as they are out of the office next week for Thanksgiving. And after that, they’re going to make a decision.
- from friends' Facebook posts: "CALL TO ACTION: If you have a phone, and you like it when people have medical insurance:
Paul Ryan is conducting a phone poll on the ACA (Obamacare), hoping to hear overwhelming popular opposition to it. If you would like to express your support for the Affordable Care Act, call (202) 225-3031. Press 2 to weigh in on the issue. You'll hear a brief recording about HR-3762, Paul Ryan's heroic proposal to gut the ACA, and President Obama's villainous use of his veto power to stop it. Then, you will have a chance to indicate your opinion with the press of a button. Press 1 if you support Obamacare, 2 if you oppose it.
You can stay on the line after this to leave a voicemail, but it's been consistently full for me. Feel free to vent if you happen upon the chance."
- organize for action
- ask the electors
- audit the vote
- stand against trump's forthcoming climate attacks
- sponsor a reader
- petition: make the university of michigan a sanctuary campus
- petition: honor the majority vote
- petition: end citizens united
- petition: remove bannon
- petition: remove ebell
- keep working on that senate seat
- work through this document, especially time-sensitive actions
- pledge to jam the registry
- do it again
- williams alums: make williams college a sanctuary campus
- undergrads/friends of undergrads/teachers of undergrads: RRASC service corps internship
- affiliates: make CUNY a sanctuary
- when you're done calling about Bannon, let's do the same in opposition to Myron Ebell
- there's a senate seat in play
- call the House Oversight Committee (202-225-5074) to support the call for a bipartisan review of Trump's financials and apparent conflicts of interest.
- sign on to protect undocumented students at princeton
- your gift to human rights watch will be doubled today
- petition to list the kkk as a terrorist organization
- call on your reps to denounce bannon's appointment
- petition to oppose bannon's appointment
- save the aca
- support the children's trust (legal right to a stable climate)
- petition: reject hate and bigotry
- join the djt resistance
- league of conservation voters pledge
- petition against stephen bannon's appointment
- petition: electoral college action
- petition: appoint garland now
- petition against myron ebell's appointment
- petition to obama on environmental action now